Re: adding a font

On Thu December 18 2008, Aneurin Price wrote:
> Do you know you're actually using a font server? I ask because I haven't
> seen one in nearly a decade.

no, no font server, but that was all I found on a google search.. Though most
of the hits were from 2002-2004..

> Have you tried simply copying the ttf file into $(HOME)/.fonts/? This has
> been sufficient for me for at least a couple of years, but it's possible
> that there's some DE magic happening behind the scenes (works with both
> Gnome and KDE at least, but I don't know if either is required). I don't
> believe I've had to restart anything other than the application in which I
> want to use the new font.

I have a .fonts folder, but it is emtpy. All of my fonts are
in /usr/share/fonts. and I did run fc-cache, and once I restarted kmail, the
new font was available.. so I think I have my answer.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800