Re: phone simens ME45 and obexftp via USB

Антон wrote:

> Good time.
> I try to put some files on my phone by obexftp via USB , but it can put
> only some bytes and then "connection failed". But it can listen files and
> read it.
>
> Also , after each time of connection to phone i need to replug it ,
> because obexftp failed to connect again.
> My system is on notebook , i've tried any versions of obexftp - stable ,
> unstable & 0.22 from source , and udev - also stable and unstable.
>
> In Windows with "siemens data sute" i can put any files and without
> replugging phone.
>

> Any help will be very welcome :)
>
> --
> Regards , Anton .

Hello Anton,

I'm also very interested in syncing telephones and I spent a lot of time
playing with IRDA, BT and USB recently. I finally manged it to sync my
sony-ericson and my nokia but the results are miserable as sony-ericson and
nokia have different memory slots, so I ended up with double and triple
contacts.
It's actually a sync hell I should admit and advise you 1. backup your
phones on a windows machine as I did before experimenting and 2. join the
opensync-users@lists.sourceforge.net or some of the *-pim lists. There you
can find more detailed information on how to get the phone syncing. by the
way you should also mention vendor/model of the phone and versions of tools
you use. Did I mention backup?!

I have also tried using USB cable with VMPLayer and windows (this is the way
I backup my phone), because it is working out of the box, but with IRDA and
BT I didn't have the time and patience to play.

The current state of the phone-linux sync is as far as I know only one way.
I would be glad if I'm wrong with this. In fact if using one phone or
device only it works fine i.e. I was using palm before and after this one
siemens phone. Everything was really perfect. But now with more then one
device it's a mess :-(.

Also it would be nice if we could convince the manufacturers to
provide "siemens data sute" or respectively nokia and so on for linux or at
least common interface, which they recently try to do, but only with few
product lines. Linux developer _do not_ have enough information to do the
work. At least, what I was told. Write to Siemens, Nokia & Co.

I can not help that much with USB though I'm using now IRDA as it's built in
the notebook. With USB I see my phone as a usb harddrive, so I just copy
the files. I'm not sure if it's obex. I think not.

Are you using command line or some kind of GUI?

regards