Re: [OT] If you use gmail

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 00:44:17 -0500
JoeHill <joehill@teksavvy.com> wrote:

> Chris Bannister wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > http://www.webmonkey.com/blog/Why_You_Should_Turn_Gmail_s_SSL_Feature_On_Now
>
> I cannot find this setting for my gmail account. Could this be because I am
> using my own domain (ie. not 'gmail.com'.)?

Yes.

"About a week before my talk, Google announced that they are "making
security easier" by providing people with the option of using only
https for gmail. I think this "fix" is still broken for several
reasons. ...

Second, the pref is only currently available to "vanilla" gmail users.
Users with accounts on Google hosted domains cannot set this pref at
all as of this writing, and the domain owners need to cough up $50 per
seat to set this pref across their entire domain."

http://fscked.org/blog/why-gmail-fix-isnt

Celejar