Re: OT: laptop recomendations

Micha Feigin wrote:

On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 00:37:04 +0100
Bernard <bdebreil@teaser.fr> wrote:

Dotan Cohen wrote:

2008/12/11 Micha Feigin <michf@post.tau.ac.il>:

Hello,

Sorry for being a bit off topic
Thank in advance for your any advice or recommandation.

I would go with the vosotro line if you want to save money and stick with
dell. The inspiron is similar to all other home lines which are cheap in all
respects, not just the money.

I like the t61 but it's old now. the t500 are out, but the reviews are mixed,
apparently the keyboard has been replaced with a cheaper one. They are not
cheap of course, but you abuse your laptop it will probably pay off.

A friend of mine has the vosotro 1440 I think (I believe it has been replaced
also with a newer model) and he is rather happy with it.

Another one is willing to kill anyone who considers anything other than macs.

Thanks for those hints. I will carry a bit more search into the vosotro line. At the time I had purchased my old Thinkpad 600, it was bound to be my main home personal computer, so I was prepared to pay the price for something really good and nice for my eyes..., but now that I mostly use a recent good desktop, my new laptop will only serve on an occasional basis ; however I want it reliable and not fragile, and powerful enough as far as wifi is concerned.