Re: [OT] Server for Debian + MySQL

I think that the disconnect here is when one compares two different
types of computer based only on a comparision of their computational
power. Sure, the 1980-vintage 1.6 MIPS machine only had 6 MB ram (and

arc@tosh:~$ apt-cache show gnome-utils | grep dictionary
- gnome-dictionary, a program which can look up the definition of words

Disconnect Dis`con*nect", v. t. [imp. & p. p. Disconnected;
p. pr. & vb. n. Disconnecting.]
To dissolve the union or connection of; to disunite; to
sever; to separate; to disperse.
[1913 Webster]
etc

I have seen lately the use of verbs in place of nouns:
disconnect in place of disconnection
resolve in place of resolution
etc
I myself am not a native English speaker, but this usage sounds strange.
Please help me understand.