Re: New OpenOffice-3.05 on experimental

Hi,

David Baron wrote:
> I have Sun Java1.6-se on my machine using Sun's installer.
> I have the previous OpenOffice 3 version running just fine.
>
> The latest-and-greatest now wants to install a Debian sunjava version. I

Probably because it depends on liblucene2-java which needs a JVM.

> certainly do not need both of them and other applications that are using the
> existing libraries may not even start if I blindly replace it.

I bet not, because the paths are different, but anyway :)

> I think this installation should check for preexisting Java and at least allow
> me the choice, huh?

Yes. please fix your system. The stuff really depends on *any* JVM
but your package system does not know it has one -> it installs one.

If you install stuff from somewhere else it's not the packages'
problem. In  this case here, you might find equivs helpful.

Grüße/Regards,

René
--
 .''`.  René Engelhard -- Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 `. `'  rene@debian.org | GnuPG-Key ID: 248AEB73