Re: Xen kernel and make-kpkg

François Cerbelle wrote:
> Le Mar 9 décembre 2008 13:53, Stefan Goebel a écrit :
>> Applying the Xen patches with "../kernel-patches/all/2.6.26/apply/debian
>> -a i386 -f xen" works, running "make-kpkg --revision='1.0'
>> --append-to-version='-foo' kernel_image" does not work [...]
>
> You should try to use "make-kpkg ... clean", and then use either the
> environnement variable or the command line option to ask make-kpkg to
> patch the kernel (with the patch you want), to ask you for the menuconfig
> instead of silentoldconfig and to compile the package as you want.

You are thinking of make-kpkg's "--added-patches" option, which does not
work - neither for Xen nor, for example, the vserver patches. Using this
option results in a "Could not find patch for xen" error. Though I do
think that manually patching the kernel with Debian's Xen patches and
then running make-kpkg did work some time ago.

> The exact options and environnement variables are in the make-kpkg man
> page, if I'm right.

You are, but it doesn't work :)