Re: Xen kernel and make-kpkg

Le Mar 9 décembre 2008 13:53, Stefan Goebel a écrit :
> Applying the Xen patches with "../kernel-patches/all/2.6.26/apply/debian
> -a i386 -f xen" works, running "make-kpkg --revision='1.0'
> --append-to-version='-foo' kernel_image" does not work, apparently
> make-kpkg tries to run "make bzImage" on the kernel sources and there is
> "Nothing to be done for 'bzImage'". A "make deb-pkg" on the sources
> works, however, I would prefer make-kpkg. Any hints?

You should try to use "make-kpkg ... clean", and then use either the
environnement variable or the command line option to ask make-kpkg to
patch the kernel (with the patch you want), to ask you for the menuconfig
instead of silentoldconfig and to compile the package as you want.

The exact options and environnement variables are in the make-kpkg man
page, if I'm right.

Fanfan
--
http://www.cerbelle.net - http://www.afdm-idf.org