Re: Locale testing

On Sat, Dec 6, 2008 at 05:52, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am having a hard time configuring my locale. Is there an application
> that will display a date, a currency value, a time, a large integer, a
> negative number, and some other locale-related data such that I can
> see how my system is configured?
>
> Specifically, I want Open Office 3 and Thunderbird 2 to use the
> yyyy-mm-dd date format but I cannot seem to configure this. I am using
> the KDE 3.x desktop. Thanks.

I use the en_US.UTF-8 locale overall, with the yyyy-mm-dd date format.
I do this with the /etc/environment file with these contents:

LANG="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_DK.UTF-8"

en_DK means English in Denmark, which is a fake locale made for
the ISO date format.

I don't know if OO.o 3 and Thunderbird will pick this up (it is mainly
for CLI and system utilities).

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers