From: Brad Hedspeth <fbhjr@bellsouth.net>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Sent: Friday, 5 December, 2008 1:39:24 PM
Subject: Netwoking question

I have just installed debian Etch 4.0r5 on a Dell pc on its own hard drive.  The Dell system has been running Windows XP since it was purchased 4 years ago.   I also have Ubuntu 4.10 sharing the Windows XP drive as my 1st linux install.  Both Ubuntu and XP are functioning on a home network.  I have incorrectly set up the network info during the debian install.  I have modified the /etc/route.conf and the /etc/resolv.conf files with what I believe is correct routing info.  I am not sure of the /etc/hosts file.  I need to break this problem down into little pieces to avoid major frustration.  Any help would be appreciated.

Start your day with Yahoo!7 and win a Sony Bravia TV. Enter now.