Re: Debian Project News - December 2nd, 2008

I installed the the insserv package and it set up fine, it has a few dependencies (libc6, debconf, and sysv-rc) and suggests bootchart. but that was the only package i had to install, then just followed the instructions (copy and pasted 2 commands) and then rebooted and i must agree, it was definately a much improved boot time.

--- On Tue, 12/2/08, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. <bss03@volumehost.net> wrote:
From: Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. <bss03@volumehost.net>
Subject: Re: Debian Project News - December 2nd, 2008
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Date: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 3:29 PM
Actually, I've been doing that for.. a while.  I never got bit by any of
the bashism bugs. In any case, that was something I knew I could handle
fixing is I *did* run into a bug. I'm not as comfortable with
dependency-based init systems, but if the devs are calling it done I'm
willing to try it out.

I'm assuming the answer to both of the questions is "yes"? (Two
replies, but no definitive answers.)