Re: Debian Project News - December 2nd, 2008

On Tuesday 02 December 2008, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl <tolimar@debian.org>
wrote about 'Debian Project News - December 2nd, 2008':
>Dependency based boot sequencing release goal completed
>
>Petter Reinholdtsen [12]announced that the release goal of supporting a
>dependency based boot sequence has been completed. This allows system
>services to be started in an order which is calculated from their
>dependencies on each other instead of a hardcoded order.
>
> 12: http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2008/11/msg00007.html

The linked mail makes reference to the "insserv" package.  Is that package
required to get a dependency-based boot sequence?  Is that package
sufficent to get a dependency-base boot sequence?

I ask because I'd like to start testing it on both my desktop (Lenny) and
laptop (Etch[Base]/Etch-Backports/Lenny[Mostly]/Sid/Experimental[1]).
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                     ,= ,-_-. =.
bss03@volumehost.net                      ((_/)o o(\_))