Re: Synaptic. Can't find where it saves history

On Monday 01 December 2008 20:42, Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Dec 2008 20:25:54 +0100
> Nigel Henry <cave.dnb2m97pp@aliceadsl.fr> wrote:
>
> Hello Nigel,
>
> > Yes I know, but there is zilch in /var for Synaptics history. I mean,
> > it must be somewhere on the harddrive.
>
> Don't forget Synaptics based on apt.  As such, I think what you're after
> is in /var/log/apt/

Yes I agree, but apt doesn't save any log's, and there is no /var/log/apt
file. I know that aptitude, it you're using it, saves a log.

This is very puzzling, and have just posted to the synaptic mailing list about
this hard to find history file.

I'll post back if I get a reply from anybody there.

This is all a bit academic, but it would be nice to find out where Synaptic's
history file is saved on the harddrive.

Nigel.