Re: X11 Forwarding with Lenny?

On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 21:37:03 +0100, swm38 swm38 wrote:
> 2008/11/29, Florian Kulzer:
> > Post the output of the following two commands when run on the SSH server
> > (the intended X client):
> >
> > apt-cache policy xbase-clients xauth
> xbase-clients:
>   Installed: 1:7.3+18

[...]

> xauth:
>   Installed: 1:1.0.3-2

These should be OK.

> > grep -Ev '^(#|$)' /etc/ssh/sshd_config
> Port 22
> Protocol 2
> HostKey /etc/ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key
> HostKey /etc/ssh/ssh_host_dsa_key
> UsePrivilegeSeparation yes
> KeyRegenerationInterval 3600
> ServerKeyBits 768
> SyslogFacility AUTH
> LogLevel INFO
> LoginGraceTime 120
> PermitRootLogin yes
> StrictModes yes
> RSAAuthentication yes
> PubkeyAuthentication yes
> IgnoreRhosts yes
> RhostsRSAAuthentication no
> HostbasedAuthentication no
> PermitEmptyPasswords no
> ChallengeResponseAuthentication no
> X11Forwarding yes
> X11DisplayOffset 10
> PrintMotd no
> PrintLastLog yes
> TCPKeepAlive yes
> AcceptEnv LANG LC_*
> Subsystem sftp /usr/lib/openssh/sftp-server
> UsePAM yes

I have the same configuration for all the relevant (as far as I know)
parameters. I have set "AllowTcpForwarding yes", but that should be the
default anyway.

> It's the exact same output for both systems, but X11 forwarding works
> only in one direction.

Then I think we should check the client configurations to rule out that
a setting in /etc/ssh/ssh_config or ~/.ssh/config interferes with the X
forwarding. Are these two files the same on the working and the
non-working SSH client system?

Did you make any changes to the basic X configuration on either of the
systems?

          Florian   |