Re: lynx and readme.gz

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 04:07:50PM -0500, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 04:40:07AM +0100, lee wrote:
> > Hm, there seem to be lots of options in lynx.cfg, but almost
> > everything is disabled. The file has 3569 lines, but only 34 lines are
> > not empty and don't start with a "." or a "#". And there is no manpage
> > about lynx.cfg.
>
> Most of those "3569 lines" are comments which document lynx.cfg
> They can be formatted into a hypertext document
> (which doesn't appear to be part of the Debian package).
> There's an example here:
>
> 	http://lynx.isc.org/release/lynx2-8-6/lynx_help/cattoc.html

Ok, 628 lines don't seem to be comments but options, of which 34 are
explicitly set. That still doesn't tell me how to enable lynx to
display the files I would like to read.

The web page looks good --- but it seems to tell me that it isn't
possible to have a setting to reject all cookies in the
~/.lynxrc. Lynx itself won't save that setting, either, and I'm tired
of changing the setting every time myself.

So how do you make lynx display gziped files?

--
"Don't let them, daddy. Don't let the stars run down."
http://adin.dyndns.org/adin/TheLastQ.htm