Re: Erase cache, clean registry in Linux

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 09:48, Florian Kulzer
<florian.kulzer+debian@icfo.es> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 18:25:43 -0600, lee wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> So how do I find out which programs create these thumbnails?
>
> You can look at the existing thumbnails, the information should be in
> the metadata:
>
> for PIC in *; do identify -verbose "$PIC" | grep Software; done
>
> Depending on how many thumbnails you have, it might be feasible to pipe
> the above command to "sort -u" to get a concise list of all guilty
> parties.

Well that is interesting. Unfortunately when I run it all I get is repeats of:

Software: GNOME::ThumbnailFactory
Software: KDE Thumbnail Generator

In my case I know that they must be Konqueror and Gthumb,
but it is hardly helpful in general. Curse you, software reuse!

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers