RE: GUI Looks Like Safe Mode

On Thu, 2008-11-27 at 09:04 -0600, Juan Carlos Avila wrote:
> > * lee (lee@yun.yagibdah.de) wrote:

> > they do on

> > > What is wrong with it? On the screenshot, it's almost
> > identical to how
> > > it looks on my screen, and it has never been much much
> > different with
> > > these programs.
> > >
> > > Maybe there is some problem with your monitor or the
> > frequencies the X
> > > server uses?
> > >

> > Perhaps it is to do with appearance settings or themes? It
> > looks like what ever theme you where using might have been
> > dumped during the update? I believe the KDE package for a
> > selection of nice looking window themes is "kdeartwork", but
> > I am not a KDE user so cannot remember the exact details of
> > the top of my head.
> >

> Maybe when you upgraded your theme was left off. gtk2-theme-switch might
> help you if it's your case.

I appreciate all the advice, but I know before I updated to Lenny on
this machine that it looked exactly like my Ubuntu 7.10 install.  It
sounds a little nit-picky (and it is), but I'd just like to know why it
changed.

And when I said things looked "Cleaner" this is what I meant.

http://reikoshea.com/Screenshot-Ubuntu.png

Thats a screenshot from my office (yes i know im using gnome there.  Its
an old screenshot).  Im using OpenBox and Kicker at work now just like I
use at home, and they look completely different.  The window manager
stuff and the tool bar look correct but the applications inside do not.
I want my applications to look like my Ubuntu install (like they did on
a fresh install of Etch).

I more want to know how to change that appearance than anything.  Its
not the appearance that bothers me, its the fact that it changed and I
didn't want it to.

Any more suggestions would be appreciated.  Ive run through all the ones
that have come in so far.