Re: Etch and a half in commercial package

On 2008-11-27 07:27 +0100, jeffry killen wrote:

> Hello:
> Is it possible to get a commercially packaged dc/dvd
> with Etch and a half?

If you mean: find someone who sells CDs/DVDs, yes.  Just visit
http://www.debian.org/CD/vendors/ and choose a seller near to you.
Beware that the list there is horribly outdated; discard any vendor that
does not offer 4.0r5 discs.

> I have a set that is Etch 4.0 r1 but have a newer laptop
> that this set will not install on. I subscribed to the
> laptop list and was advised to download Etch and a half.
> I did that as business card cd.

It might be better to try the netinst or full CD to reduce the number of
packages the installer has to download from the net.

But if your time is worth more than your money, buying 4.0r5 DVDs is
probably the best option.

Sven