Re: only root can unmount

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 09:30:03PM +0000, T o n g wrote:

> $ grep dvd /etc/fstab
> /dev/dvd /mnt/dvd auto user,noauto,exec,ro 0 0
>
> and moreover, I mounted /mnt/dvd as myself, not root.
>
> What could be wrong?

There seems to be a comma missing, and you seem to have tried to
specify "auto" together with "noauto". It'll probably work without
"auto" (because then the comma won't be missing); apparently you don't
want it to be mounted when booting anyway. "noauto" makes sense
because it's possible that there is not always a disk in the drive
when booting.

See man fstab and man mount for the options.

--
"Don't let them, daddy. Don't let the stars run down."
http://adin.dyndns.org/adin/TheLastQ.htm