Re: Cannot boot with latest Lenny kernel 2.6.26

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 01:42:04PM -0600, lee wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 11:15:41AM -0800, Neil Gunton wrote:
>
> > an Adaptec zero channel SmartRaid V card (the drive appears as
> > /dev/i2o/hda1, so it's using the i2o_block driver).
> >
> > Begin: Waiting for root file system...
> >
> > It just hangs there.
>
> Looks like the module for the raid controller is not available. You
> could download the latest stable kernel source from kernel.org and
> compile your own kernel, with whatever is required to use the raid
> controller built in.

Does the raid controller have any other emulation modes?  My HP
ServerRaid has either I2O (which I couldn't get to boot although it was
seen by Etch's installer) or "Mass Storage" mode which works just fine
automagically.  I think that this mode uses the megaraid module.

Doug.