Re: Fw: shorewall newbie Revisit: new IP

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 07:47:36AM -0800, Phillipus Gunawan wrote:
> well well well....
> it works...
>
> then, how can i use 10.1.1.4 for DNS as well?
> putting:
> DNS/ACCEPT  ALL       ALLon rules didnt have any effect, cant resolve DNS
> is there anyway i can make the debian for local DNS resolver?
>
> how about the route command problem?
> Surely its inconvenient to type the command all the time
>
> But anyhow, a bit relieve 1 homework finished
> next is to connect my wireless router, which actually is a modem-router-switch and use it on eth2 192.168.1.0 connected with CAT5e

Have you considered running dnsmasq on this box?  It acts as a local dns
server while going upstream for anything it can't find.  For simple dns
(rather than dhcp) no config is required: it works out-of-the-box.  I
also tend to run resolvconf to take care of changes when links go up and
down.

Doug.