Re: Partition for latest versions of graphic programs.

On 11/21/08 15:40, John Culleton wrote:
1. I want to set up a Debian partition so that I can use the very latest versions of programs such as Gimp, Inkscape etc. Do I need Unstable or Sid?

Unstable _is_ Sid...

That would be the foundation. Then you'd have to compare what's in Sid to the latest upstream source, and install that if necessary.

2. I want to use some sort of netinstall. Where would I find the netinstall image for the answer to question 1?

I'd do a minimal Lenny net install, then immediately modify the sources.list to unstable, upgrade (since you only have a minimal system, it should be easy and quick), then install a complete desktop,

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

If you don't agree with me, you are worse than Hitler!!!