Re: Q: List Policy

On Fri, 21 Nov 2008, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Sat,22.Nov.08, 02:45:51, Chris Bannister wrote:
> > Quite right, but why discourage CCing on an open list? I can see the
> > point in not CCing on a closed list.
>
> Cc'ing on a closed list would be really stupid :)

Actually, that's the one place where anyone not on the list would
request carbon copies. (But it still shouldn't be the default.)

> > Sorry, it doesn't explain why CCing is "discouraged" on an open
> > list.

Because people who are subscribed to the list don't require extra
copies of mails. [And since anyone who wants a copy can request it
using MFT: or manually, it's perfectly fine.]