Re: Very slim Desktop Manager

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 09:24:34PM -0600, Javier Vasquez wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 8:26 PM, Douglas A. Tutty <dtutty@vianet.ca> wrote:
> > If he is wanting to try something other than Debian, OpenBSD will take
> > far fewer resources (leaving more for his applications) (based on my
> > experience with my 486).
>
> Quick question, does openBSD support sshfs?  I kind of need it to
> access remote file systems, but I've been looking around the web, and
> it seems openBSD doesn't support it, :(  Other than that, it sounds
> good enough for old small systems, :)

The aptitude listing for sshfs says, in part:

	sshfs is based on FUSE (userspace filesystem framework for
	Linux), thus you will have to prepare fuse kernel module to be
	able to use it.

Since OpenBSD doesn't do kernel modules, its not likely to accept a
linux kernel module :)

However, I've never used sshfs.  If I need to transfer files in a
semi-gui way, I use mc (midnight commander)'s ssh vfs (shell link).  It
may do what you want.

Doug.