Re: Cannot configure Synaptics touchpad - Requires SHMConfig [SOLVED]

Sebastian Canagaratna wrote:
> I think you have to add the following to your xorg.conf
>

> Section "ServerLayout"
>     Identifier "Default Server Layout"
>     Screen "Default Screen"
>     InputDevice "Generic Keyboard" "Core Keyboard"
>     InputDevice "Synaptics Touchpad" "Core Pointer"
> EndSection
>
> At least, for me I had to add this before it would work. Then you can
> run gsynaptics and configure it

Thanks, that did the trick. Only I used "CoreKeyboard" and
"CorePointer", with no spaces.

It seems the minimal xorg.conf files do not work perfectly always...

--
A Difficulty for Every Solution.
		-- Motto of the Federal Civil Service

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI