Alternative to network-manager

    I know network-manager often does more bad than good, so I would
like to avoid using it.

    However, while it is perfectly OK to edit one or two configuration
files to set-up wireless networking (or even cabled one, if DHCP is not
used) if the computer will always connect to the same network, this is
not practical for a laptop that will be used in several places and
connecting to several networks, which can't even be known in advance.
Especially if the user is not the most experience linux user.

    So, is there any other graphical tool that allows for easy set-up of
networking (especially wireless), listing networks in reach and allowing
automatic connection to them?

--
Eduardo M Kalinowski
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br