Re: OT: Looking for free email service with disposable email addresses

On Monday 17 November 2008, Michael Pobega <pobega@gmail.com> wrote
about 'Re: OT: Looking for free email service with disposable email
addresses':
>On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 09:45:00PM +0000, Ananda Samaddar wrote:
>> David Fox wrote:
>> > On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 2:16 AM, Martin <martin@mailcatch.com> wrote:
>> > By default, original emails to the list are not echoed. This may be
>> > list wide or is a google policy to prevent duplicate mails.

Google gets your message back from the list server, but it hides it by
default.  I'm fairly sure it is available in you gmail inbox if you dig
hard enough.

>> It's a Google policy and it makes using mailings lists very difficult
>> indeed.  Also their IMAP support is truly atrocious.

Really?  I know they don't support STARTTLS and, instead, use separate imap
and imaps ports (although the RFCs now recommend against that), but that's
the only complaint I've ever heard about their IMAP.

>That's a matter of opinion. I use Google's IMAP services and I love it,
>especially because all of the filtering is done server-side so it saves
>me time and energy. I really don't see what's so "atrocious" about it.

I do all my filtering server-side with dovecot-imapd and their seive
implementation.  It is very nice, and I don't have to worry (too much)
about my email being data mined.

That said, dovecot is not a real solution for the OP.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                     ,= ,-_-. =.
bss03@volumehost.net                      ((_/)o o(\_))