Re: index.php does not open instead download

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 10:54:12PM +0100, Lars Kuppert wrote:
> Michael Pobega wrote:
> > On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 09:49:34PM +0100, Lars Kuppert wrote:
> > > Hi everybody,
> > >
> > > just setting up my vmware server (just for testing).
> > > I put an index.php into the server folder. But instead of opening it,
> > >  firefox wanna download the index.php.
> > > Why that?
> > > Greetings,
> > > lars
> > >

> > Do you have PHP installed on the server?
> >

> Sure :)

As Elijah said in another thread, you are probably missing the PHP
library. Are you sure that you installed it properly? If the web server
is running Apache2 you can install the libapache2-mod-php5 package which
enables Apache support for PHP 5. If you're running another web server
look through the documentation to make sure you installed PHP correctly.

--
    Follow my Tweets at http://twitter.com/pobega

AIM:BlockMeHarder MSN:pobega@gmail.com JIM:pobega@jaim.at
        SIP:pobega@ekiga.net  ICQ:467047394