Re: Q: List Policy

On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 01:05:36 -0600, Ron Johnson (ron.l.johnson@cox.net) wrote:

> On 11/16/08 00:38, Celejar wrote:
>> On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 00:33:43 -0600
>> Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:

>>> The most common MUAs (and all webmail) don't allow Reply-to to be
>>> set to anything other than what the application thinks it should be.
>>
>> Do you mean that MUAs don't allow the sender to set a custom Reply-to?
>> Sylpheed does.
>
> As does Mutt, and probably Evolution.  But not Tbird, and certainly not
> gmail.  Don't know about KMail.

I'm not sure if this is relevant to this discussion, but using mutt in
its "lists friendly mode", i.e. by using, by default, "L" to post to a
list, there is no "Reply-To:" header added, but rather a
"Mail-Followup-To:" one instead.  How universally this is honoured by
other email clients is another matter, of course.

--
Bob Cox.  Stoke Gifford, near Bristol, UK.