Re: Q: List Policy

On Saturday 15 November 2008, "Patrick Wiseman" <pwiseman@gmail.com> wrote
about 'Re: Q: List Policy':
>On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 11:09 PM, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. <
>bss03@volumehost.net> wrote:
>> http://woozle.org/~neale/papers/reply-to-still-harmful.html<http://wooz
>>le.org/%7Eneale/papers/reply-to-still-harmful.html>-- the body of which
>> should actually be read after reading the first two references.
>
>Oh, please.  What the heck do you know about the forums I manage?  I
> wasn't suggesting that Debian forums should set reply-to that way.

Sorry, that how I interpreted you post.  I may have come off a little
short, but my intention was to have as little debate as possible and have
said debate be well-informed.  I meant no offense.

>Oh, and you might want to check out
>http://www.mindspring.com/~pwiseman/reply-to.html - there's more than one
>viewpoint.

That page echos my feelings prior to the clarification in newer RFCs.  And,
for mailing lists for less technically inclined users (such as those where
are subscriptions and unsubscriptions are handled by emailing a human
administrator) it's still a policy I can get behind.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                     ,= ,-_-. =.
bss03@volumehost.net                      ((_/)o o(\_))