Re: Icedove and Iceweasel defaults {KDE}

"M.Lewis" <cajun@cajuninc.com> writes:

> Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> > On Saturday 15 November 2008, "M.Lewis" <cajun@cajuninc.com> wrote
> > about 'Icedove and Iceweasel defaults {KDE}':
> >> Where can you change the default browser that comes up when clicking a
> >> URL in Icedove? Icedove brings up Konqueror currently.
> > Not sure.  I don't have icedove installed.  Have you tried kmail?
> >
> >> Where can you change the default mailer that comes up when clicking a
> >> mail-to: link (or File | Send Link) in Iceweasel? Iceweasel currently
> >> brings up Evolution.
> > From within iceweasel:
> > Edit -> Preferences -> Applications -> Search for "mailto"
>
> Thanks Boyd. Edit -> Preferences -> Applications - 'mailto' shows
> Icedove. However apparently it is borked. When I click File -> Send
> link, I get Evolution.

If it is using the KDE registration, you can use kcontrol (control
center), and select KDE_Components -> Component_Chooser.  Another
possibility is that it is using the generic www-browser name which
goes through /etc/alternatives.  In that case you have to use
update-alternatives to change it.  The update-alternatives manpage has
information on that.
--
Carl Johnson		carlj@peak.org