How to keep gnome from automatically mounting USB thumb-drive every time I log in?

How can I prevent a USB thumb-drive from auto-mount-ing every time I log in. I'd like it to require a manual operation to get it mounted. For reasons that I won't go into here, it lives nearly all the time inserted in a USB slot on the CPU. But for most login sessions I do not need to use it and I don't like to see it cluttering up my desktop.

Is there any way to have it only be mounted when I manually issue a "mount" command?

Thanks!

Rick