lifelines packages for Etch or Lenny ?

I have just installed 'Lifelines' (a genealogy software) on both desktop and laptop, one under Sarge, the other under Etch. In both cases, v 3.0.50 that was proposed. However, this version has a bug and, in the genealogical mailing list, I have been advised to install v 3.0.61 instead. This newer version is available for Lenny. Would it be a reasonable bet to try installing this from the lenny directory of packages on my Etch system, or is it safer to download a source file from the lifelines sourceforge site and build it on my system ?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Bernard