Re: How to uninstall a tar.gz package?

Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.medina@gmail.com> writes:

> I have auctex 11.84 installed via tar.gz package, and want now to have the cvs
> version.
>
> Can anybody please suggest all the steps so to completely remove the old one?
> Or maybe simply installing the cvs version will override the old installation?

If you build from source, I'm pretty sure both 11.84 and the cvs version
will install themselves to the same place under /usr/local/share, with
most of the key files ending up in:

  /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/

That being the case, if you just go ahead and install the cvs version it
will overwrite all the old files with the new versions. At least, that's
what I did, and everything seems to be working fine.

Tyler

--
Friends don't let friends send Word documents

http://www.nothingisreal.com/dfki/no-word