Re: Lenny, apt(titude), dependency issues, seg faults and corrupted .DEB packages

Nick Syrotiuk wrote:
> Eugene V. Lyubimkin wrote:
>> Nick Syrotiuk wrote:
>>> Unfortunately, I'm still having major problems:
[snip]
>>> bzip2: data integrity error when decompressing
>>> E: Some index files failed to download...
>> Several strange issues... have you checked your hardware (memory,
>> disk, CPU) ?
>>

> Apt and aptitude just hang trying to build the dependency tree.  And I
> can't do anything to fix it.
I can't believe that all these software have such major problems when no one
discovered them before during long test period. Try to install completely
other distribution/OS and see if it works properly.

Ukrainian C++ Developer, Debian APT contributor