Re: kdm will not accept my password

Ken Heard wrote:
On 13/11/2008, Ken Heard <ken@heard.name> wrote:
I just finished installing Etch in a new box.  KDM appears on the
 monitor with my user name and place to enter my password, but KDM will
 not accept it.

 In a virtual box I am able to log in to my user with the same
 password; so the user name and password are correct.  Keyboard is US,
 which I used all through the installation; so the problem is not
 related to using a non US keyboard.

 I have installed Sarge and Etch many times but have never run into
 this problem before.  What should I do to fix it?

 Ken Heard

I have answered my own question.  The /tmp directory was set to 0770
instead of 0777.  Sorry.

And how did /tmp get set to 0770?

Hugo