Re: Unappending boot options in Lilo?

On 11/13/08 21:30, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 09:23:27PM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
On 11/13/08 11:49, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
[snip]
If you have a floppy and a floppy-drive, there's the grub-disk package.
[Sigh]  Doug, Doug, Doug, Doug, Doug...

This is the 21st Century. Only crotchety old geezers have computers with floppy drives in them.

OK. Why isn't there a grub-stick package to dd onto a UBS stick?

Excellent question. The Ubuntu LiveCD is adequate to the task, though. (I tried the "standard" Lenny LiveCD, but after searching for my CD drive on sda, it turned my screen a weird pixelated grey.)

Somewhere around I still have my Dad's FACIT mechanical desktop
calculator.  Long division on that was fun, but probably caused more
repetive strain injury than any mouse.

:)

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

If you don't agree with me, you are worse than Hitler!!!