Re: Virtual PC

On Sun, Nov 09, 2008 at 02:20:40PM +0100, pch wrote:
> Hello,
> Can anyone recommend a good virtual machine, equivalent MS Virtual PC.

I like VirtualBox. I had been using VMWare, but kept running
into problems every time there was a kernel update, when I had
to search around for patches and what not. And the interface
is now nightmarishly bad. If you're running a datacenter it
might be a good choice, I don't know.

But I switched to VirtualBox last week and got up and running
in minutes, everything Just Works, the interface is great, etc.
You can just add to /etc/apt/sources.list the appropriate line
from here:

http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Linux_Downloads

and you're good to go. For desktop stuff I think it can't be
beat.

Jesse Sheidlower