Re: small web browser

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 2:33 AM, lee <lee@yun.yagibdah.de> wrote:
[...]
> Anyway, all these browsers use a lot of memory. I've been using Mozilla
> (iceape) for years and lately stuck to it only because I needed the
> built-in mail client. Now I have replaced the mail client with claws,
> and I'm curious if there is another nice browser that doesn't need so
> much memory.

Dillo or links2 might be what you are looking for.  They are both
low-memory footprint, graphical web-browsers.  I've used Dillo on a
NetBSD machine that only had 16mb of RAM and it ran just fine.

If you don't need the graphics,
links and elinks are really fast text-mode browsers.

-Elijah
--
http://elijahr.blogspot.com/