Re: how to change date of system

lee wrote:
On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 18:31:07 +0530
Raj Kiran Grandhi <grajkiran@gmail.com> wrote:

Just curious, what is the reason for setting BIOS time to GMT instead
of localtime? It is simpler using localtime when I have wake on RTC
alarm enabled.

It's supposed to make it easier to deal with daylight saving times.

I see. We do not have DST in India so I never faced any problem except when installing linux (I have to change UTC=no in /etc/default/rcS)

Thanks for the info.

Other than that, it seems to make sense to refer to GMT/UTC as a
common, invariable source for time information and to go from there:
What is the reason for having GMT/UTC? How do you know what time it is
when every clock shows a different time? :)

                                       -- Albert Einstein