Re: Canadian Walmart Photo Centre Problems?

On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 02:10:07 +0100, you wrote:

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 09:28:10AM -0500, Doug Mitton wrote:
On Sun, 09 Nov 2008 17:31:16 +0100, you wrote:

>Hi All;
>
>I'm looking to see if anyone can confirm a change on the Walmart Photo web
>site.  It appears it has gone "Internet Explorer" only as I can't get
>Konqueror or Mozilla on Linux (or WinXP) to work.  The clerk at the store
>says she is processing online orders.  It was working fine for the last
>couple of years and up to 1 month ago.  The "look" is now different also.
<snip>

>TIA!

Well, I haven't really heard from Walmart BUT I have found a solution.

I have been using Mozilla Firefox 1.5.x since my original
installation.  It seems that Walmart has now made this version
obsolete.  If I upgrade to (interim) 2.0.0.17 or the current 3.0.3 all
is working again.
<snip>
Any way, it seems to be resolved ... for now!

Thanks for all the feedback and comments!

Heh. This is why you should always keep your programs updated to the
most recent version, especially for something as commonly used as
Firefox. In case you have more problems you could try the User Agent
Switch plugin for Firefox, I've had very good success setting my Firefox
to show up as Netscape on Vista.

Yes, I agree BUT by update you keep updated in your current version
"stream".  That I did.  I don't always jump to be the first to use a
new release "beta" as I'm not always interested in working through the
new BUGS.

[In this case Firefox jumped from 2.0 to 3.0 very quickly.]

Also, I do use "User Agent Switcher" and it didn't help in this case.
Only updating from the 1.x stream to the 2.x or 3.x streams solved the
problem.

--
 Doug Mitton - Linux Counter #50401