Re: Windows to Debian secure data transfer over internet

H.S. escreveu:
> Hello,
>
> I am in a situation where a friend of mine wants to send tons of photos
> to me. Internet connection being what it is regarding stability, I am
> aiming to a method where the photos' transfer can be resumed if the
> connection breaks and is recreated.
>
> Keeping security in mind, I am thinking of asking him to send them over
> to my machine, running Debian Testing, over SSH once I create an account
> for him (we do not want to go for mailing a DVD if we can help it).
>
> Now I wanted to know what is the best way to go about this. He is not a
> computer savvy and does not use Linux.

You could have him burn the photos in a DVD, then you drive over to his
place, grab the DVD, and copy them to your machine.

Depending on how far he lives, this might even be faster than
transferring via Internet.

--
Eduardo M Kalinowski
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br