Re: Windows to Debian secure data transfer over internet

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 19:33:11 -0500
"H.S." <hs.samix@gmail.com> wrote:

> Rico Secada wrote:
>

> > Unless there is any pressing need for you to use SSH, I would
> > recommend
>
> It is for encryption. I have no idea what my ISP does with my data and
> moreover I just don't plain like idea of somebody going over our
> family photos. That is the main reason.

Setting up an ftp server (use wu-ftpd) and have him upload would
probably be best. There is also sftp?

However, he could use gpg to encrypt the data before he uploads it ---
with that, you don't have to worry about using a secured connection. I
don't know for sure, but I guess that using scp or sftp can not resume
a transfer because the encryption method used doesn't allow that.

He could put all the data into one archive, encrypt that with gpg and
send it by ftp.