OT: HP NetServer LPr dual P-II-450MHz, 250MB 2x9GB 2U server

Hello all,

I need some advice.  I need a medium-age computer.  Re my low-MHz quest,
further testing suggests that if I keep the speed under 500 MHz we may
be tolerable (all things being equal, and it depends on the PSU).

Looking on eBay, I've found item number 400006408316.

Its an HP NetServer LPr, Dual P-II 450 MHz, 256 MB ram, 2x9GB SCSI drive
2U server.  Its basically $60 CDN (plus tax) and I can drive to pick it
up (no shipping cost).  They have 4 available.  If there's a chance it
would work for my wife, it would be inexpensive enough.

I've seen (and tried to boot) and IBM 6U RS/6000 server, but I've never
seen (or heard) a 2U server.  I know that computers keep getting quieter
but I wonder what the fan noise would compare to, say a dual P-133 box?
(This tyan box works just fine [except for the RTC-embedded battery] but
is a bit slow (I haven't tried iceweasel on it yet) and is short on
memory; memory would cost more than this 2U server).

The 9 GB drives are what come with it (that's what was available at the
time, I guess).  With servers, is there any problem plunking in larger
SCSI drives (same type of SCSI)?

Has anyone used these servers?  Any gotya's?

Thanks,

doug.