Re: virtualbox error

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 09:48:40AM -0500, Paul Cartwright wrote:

> when I try to install an OS, it gets to where you start the installation and I
> get this error:
> The version of the VirtualBox kernel modules and the version of VirtualBox
> application are not matching. You can correct this by either installing the
> correct virtualbox-ose-modules package (if available) through apt-get or by
> building it manually with: module-assistant auto-install virtualbox-ose.
> VBox status code: -1912 (VERR_VM_DRIVER_VERSION_MISMATCH).
>

> what do I need to install/remove to make this work??

Instead of just installing the debs, use the brilliant module-assistant to
compile the needed modules, as explained here:

http://debaday.debian.net/2007/12/05/virtualbox-a-virtual-pc-for-you/
--
Carl Fink                           nitpicking@nitpicking.com

Read my blog at blog.nitpicking.com.  Reviews!  Observations!