Re: Software For Book Writing

On Sat, Nov 08, 2008 at 12:38:29PM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 11/08/08 08:35, NN_il_Confusionario wrote:
> >On Sat, Nov 08, 2008 at 07:43:51AM -0500, Miles Fidelman wrote:
> >>Oh yes.  Usually people who impose submission requirements are people
> >>who PAY you - employers, publishers, granting agencies - just the people
> >>you want to tick of by teaching them the folly of their ways.
> >
> >Yes, this is an excellent occasion to let them know that there are
> >persons for which freedom has more value than money
>
> Conversely, most are sheeple, and it's easy to ignore the fringe.

>From a e-mail which I have received in private, I must suppose that
someone has taken my remark as a personal attack. I am sorry and
apologize; that was not my aim.

I try to repeat: the persons who care about feedom more than about money
can take this as an occasion to lean the submission rules (and the like)
BEFORE writing the thing, and then let the editor know
if/when/where/why/how the submission rules are unacceptable. Then chose
an editor whose submission rules are acceptable.

The other persons (who have all rights to exist) can behave differently,
since this world is fortunately still sufficiently free at least in this
respect.