Re: ffmpeg library mess

On 11/08/08 17:51, JoeHill wrote:
Ron Johnson wrote:
On 11/08/08 15:42, JoeHill wrote:
Eugene V. Lyubimkin wrote:
JoeHill wrote:
I am new to Debian, and when I set up my machine there were some things I
did the same way I used to do them, not the 'Debian Way'.

Now I may be paying for it, because my ffmpeg is kinda fuxored.

I need to use ffmpeg from svn with support for x264
[snip]

Maybe, just use ffmpeg & co from debian-multimedia.org?
I wish it were that simple. I use an application called Tovid quite a lot,
and it needs ffmpeg from svn.

I think eventually what I will need to do is build my one ffmpeg debs, but
for now I just want to get this mess sorted.
Tovid has a Debian repository!

deb http://tovid.sourceforge.net/download/debian unstable contrib

$ apt-cache policy tovid
tovid:
   Installed: 0.31-1
   Candidate: 0.31-1
   Version table:
  *** 0.31-1 0
         500 http://tovid.sourceforge.net unstable/contrib Packages
         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Does that have -quick-menu and -switched-menus...? ;)

I'm not sure.  It's been a while since I used it...

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

If you don't agree with me, you are worse than Hitler!!!