Re: ffmpeg library mess

On 11/08/08 15:32, JoeHill wrote:
I am new to Debian, and when I set up my machine there were some things I did
the same way I used to do them, not the 'Debian Way'.

Now I may be paying for it, because my ffmpeg is kinda fuxored.

I need to use ffmpeg from svn with support for x264, and previously I have
installed to /usr instead of /usr/local, so I did the same now on Debian.

[snip]

The response from the ffmpeg mailing list was that indeed it looked like it was
a conflict with packaged libraries that are also intalled by the ffmpeg from
svn.

Before I make an even more unholy mess of this, I wonder if someone can give
some guidance in what steps I can take to correct this.

Uninstall the non-Debian files and add this to your sources.list:
deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org unstable main

If you are running Lenny/testing, then, of course, adjust accordingly...

Next:
# apt-get update && # apt-get install ffmpeg=20080706-0.3

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

If you don't agree with me, you're worse than Hitler!!!