electoral college

Clearing up some of my misinformation about the electoral college:

"Electors chosen on Election Day meet in their respective state capitals (or in
the case of Washington, D.C., within the District) on the Monday after the
second Wednesday in December, at which time they cast their electoral votes on
separate ballots for President and Vice President. In 2008, that meeting will be
on December 15."

"Each state is allocated as many electors as it has Representatives and Senators
in the United States Congress."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electoral_College_(United_States)#Apportionment_of_electors

The number of representatives:

"Under Article I, Section 2 of the Constitution, seats in the House of
Representatives are apportioned among the states by population, as determined by
the census conducted every ten years. Each state, however, is entitled to at
least one Representative.

"The only constitutional rule relating to the size of the House says: 'The
Number of Representatives shall not exceed one for every thirty Thousand.'
Congress has regularly increased the size of the House to account for population
growth; but Congress fixed the number of voting House members at 435 in 1911."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_House_of_Representatives#Membership_and_qualifications
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_congressional_apportionment