Re: ALSA not loading at system boot

Hi Lachlan,

Lachlan escreveu:
2008/11/6 Vinicius Massuchetto <viniciusandre@gmail.com>:
Hi Anton,

Anton Piatek escreveu:

do "lsmod>before" then run "alsaconf" and then run "lsmod>after". Now
do "diff before after" and post the results

i had exactly the same problem.

when you run alsaconf get the names of all the soundcards it loads
when you select your card. blacklist the ones you don't use in
/etc/modprobe.d/blacklist

i kept having the ati hdmi and another card that i'm not even sure was
connected to my system blocking my actual sound card from being
detected at all.

the only way i could get my sound to stay without blacklisting the extra cards.

That makes sense, because 'alsaconf' asks me to choose between my HDA Intel card, and another 'legacy' one. Then according to my 'alsaconf':

vinicius@vinicius:~$ sudo alsaconf
Unloading ALSA sound driver modules: snd-hda-intel snd-pcm snd-seq snd-timer snd-seq-device snd-page-alloc.
Building card database...

# Then I have the following prompt:
# hda-intel	Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Fa...
# legacy	Probe legacy ISA (non-PnP) chips...

Setting default volumes...
 Now ALSA is ready to use.
 For adjustment of volumes, use your favorite mixer.

 Have a lot of fun!

What would be the lines I shall add to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist ?

Thanks!
Vinicius